Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Big Trip

Today was another big day for me. I was going somewhere most had never gone before. Its crazy how all of this began. I will start from the beginning. First of all, I was listening to the radio and I heard there was a contest going on. I meant this felt like the perfect opportunity for me. I mean I'm pretty smart. I'm almost always half right. I had never called the radio station before, but this was my chance. The announcer asked the question,

"Who wrote Blessing Your Husband?"

I was super excited. I had read this book before because a friend told me it was a good read. I called in and I was so excited I got claustrophobic in my mouth, but I managed to answer the question.

"Correct!", the announcer yelled.

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh. I can't believe I won. I was so excited I thought I lost my phone, but it was on my face. My face was so red, I could not tell the difference between my shirt and my face. I had no idea what I had won. The announcer says,

"you just won a trip into outer space!"

Wow, what a prize! This was so cool. I mean how many people get to go into outer space and study geography. I knew, I just knew I was going to have the time of my life. I was going into space! I am kind of worried about the kind of person I'll be in space. I know that I am a different person when I am in the mountains compared to when I am at sea level. I get way more oxygen to the brain when I am at sea level. Now here I am, just minutes away from taking off. What more could I ask for? I knew that answering that question was destiny. The shuttle takes off. I am on my way to space. Now I get to put my study of geography into real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment